Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Critical Thinking 17-5!

Imagine you are a women during the Progressive Era. Explain how you might recruit other women to support the fallowing causes: improving education, housing reform, food and drug laws, the right to vote.

If I were living during the Progressive Era, I would need ways to recruit other women to support my beliefs. I would find the issues happening around be important and worth fighting for and would try very hard to bring around a change for myself and other women.
To convince others that women deserve higher education, I would show others the success and the growing number of women who were now attending colleges or even just finishing high school, I would point out the large number of women who are living happy successful lives with out the support of men because they have a good education to try and inspire others to attend higher learning.
I would also encourage the attending of reform groups, these groups would be good place to discuss and try to change food and drug laws and improve the poor conditions of the existing ones. The food and drugs out there were highly unhealthy and people would need to know what they were putting into there body and had the right to decide if they did not what to use them or not. I would show that with better food and drugs, it would help create a much healthier environment and improve life.
One of the most important causes that would need recruiting would be fighting for the right to vote. You could use conventions like the Seneca Falls convention to discuss this problem, also you would have to get the word out by going to places like the government to try and show that women and man should be considered equal and that idea should be reconized. I would state that women should have the same rights as men and that women are humans just like men and our on the same intellectual level and are completely capable of making a decision like voting.

No comments: